Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Round, First Week

Well I certainly did not mean for my entries to fall behind like this, eh I blame motherhood and having a needle jammed into my body. Before I dive in to my rant about my insanely long and exhausting day filled with twerps, goobersnatches, and red tape bureaucracy, and even worse-smiling bobbleheaded idiots that topped my day with cherries! Ooops, guess I kinda gave a preview there. Well the day BEFORE all of this I did manage to take my son to see Santa, which thankfully went off without any alarms or security needing to be called. Although if one of the women in Santa's workshop had, come near me one more time and bugged me. I would have been on her like the crazy half-coon ass I am. I had my own VERY awesome professional digital SLR camera with me because they have a statement on the poster at Santa's Workshop that says "we respectfully request that any photos you wish to take yourself you limit to 2 only" And when she came at me and was up in MY face and asking what the sam hell I wanted to order when I CLEARLY had a camera of my own made me want to throttle her day old bread smelly ass. However all that aside I did end up getting the tiniest package they offer, because lets face it; like EVERY other parent on the earth- I think my kid is the cutest one with Santa. Yeah OK get your head out of the clouds Bekah! Sheesh, you would think I gave birth to Adonis himself, although the ones who go on and on about how they will have God looking like kid, make me want to body slam them WWE style, then spin them around til they puke, then tie them up and put them on one of those amusement park rides that turn your insides out and make your asshole clang shut for a week! OOOOHHHH! (moving on)

Soo on to my loovely day at MD Anderson on Wednesday which coincidentally was one of the coldest day's we have had in a long time down here in Houston, TX and a night we actually got snow. OK so, I had to be at MDA at 8 freaking 15 am that day, so I had to leave my house by around 7 a.m. which I did. I got my gas and got on the freeway, and I NEVER got over 30 mph the entire drive over, and its about a 20-30 min drive going normal speeds. I did not get there until 8:30. I went to my first part which was having my arm poked, then I went on to my next section, where I gave the lovely ladies of that department a container of candy my dad got me which was far too sweet and icky for me. So dum dum dum dum, I finally get taken back to a room where I am alll ready for my shot and ready to get on with my day. This is where my day hits a brick wall at 85 mph and turns to absolute crap on a cracker. The nurse comes and talks to me, she is a really nice lady, and I like her, all about up and until right now when she tells me..." things with your insurance company are still going through, and we don't know when we will get approval" My heart just stopped, my mind screamed, my soul cried. What in the hell? No treatment? I have GREAT insurance! So I ask her, "So I am NOT starting my treatment today?" She says "I don't know, we are still appealing the insurance company, and with your rare type of cancer, and the typ of treatment we have decided to use they always want to say no." I just started to break down, I could not take this! I was already here! Give me my shot! I was all set mind and spirit! Just fix this damm problem! Then something was mentioned about another appointment I knew nothing about with the counseling center or something like that. She left the room after telling me she would get on the phone with the insurance company and see what they could do to get approval, even if it meant I had to go to MDA every week to get my shots. I called my sweet hubby Larry, and told him. He could tell I was barely keeping it together so he told me no matter what I was going to get my treatment even if we had to pay for it and fight the insurance company later. I felt somewhat relieved after I hung up and then just sat in my little room and got angry about how insurance companies rule the U.S. especially healthcare. It makes me sick that corporate america-or corporate whatever coutry has their greedy sick claws in the throats of EVERY american. NO matter what is wrong with you, NO matter how fucking sick you are. It all has to go through paperwork and channels and through some pencil pushing peckerwood behind a desk that has never set foot inside a healthcare facility for any type of medical training. Its all about the ones and zeroes for them. Screw the little people, screw if it will save a life, screw if it will break open a new medical discovery. Will it save the multibillion dollar company money or cost it? THAT is ALL that matters to these companies we hand our lives over to when we have medical insurance, but with out it you are just as fucked. So its either be fucked by the smelly truck driver and pay everything by cash on your own, or get tied down and prepared to be fucked by the most perverted sex deivant possible and smile and say thank you master when he is done. Other wise we are just ungrateful right? OOHHHH! Moving on...So then I spent the next 3 hrs in the "tell me what is wrong with you so I can help you" ward. I did get better pain meds and happy pills out of it. Then this is where the twist comes again, while I was in limbo with the "crazy" docs I got a call from miss nursey-nurse and found out that she did the yes master dance with the insurance company and got the approval for my treatment. I would have to go and get my shot meds from the pharmacy on one of the floors and go back to her for the injection. Then I got told no go down to this floor, so I go down to that floor, and they were so dur deee duuurr dddeeeee duuuuurrrr ummm duyrrr... then they found my info and told me I had to wait 25 mins and come back and knock on some hidden window, which after passing it 3 times and telling the peppy bobble headed staff "ohh ya'll are REAL helpful" I finally spotted the porthole to hell. I got fed up with the crap and went and fed myself. I go BACK and its ready, I knock on the window and, ready for this? They send me back over to the other side of the pharmacy!!!!!! OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I wanted to rip every single row of tinsel, tie them all up at the center of the pharmacy, put a feather in my hair and dance around them like an indian doing the "come and get them witchdoctor" chant! I finally got my medicine, go upstairs and got my shot. I got to drive home, and made it home just like an hour before the weather turned really bad, icy rain, then snow. The first few days of my chemo have not been easy. Lots of up and down symptoms, nausea, fevers, some flutype symptoms too, but nothing I can't handle, mostly I feel rundown, and really exhausted. Today we went in search of an angel to put on the tree, we have ONE more store to hit up, I don't know if we are still going, I think I hear my hubby starting a movie. I think its the new Batman. Ok I think I have ranted and raved long enough, some might even say "OMG like I don't have the time or patience or attention span for something like that.." Well I say to that...OMG what it must be like to have the brain of a dying flash light battery.

1 comment:

UnderCoverMuslimah said...

Sounds pretty tough! But you are one tough cookie so i know you can take it =) If you need anything let me know as often times I am around that area anyways!